General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Effective Date: May 25, 2018
The European Helicopter Association (EHA) adheres to the highest standards and applicable law to maintain the privacy of personal information that may be collected at this website. When you provide any of the information described in this Privacy Statement (including information that may be automatically generated), you consent to the use and disclosure of that information as described by this statement.
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our site. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you.
Please carefully read the information below:
Information we collect about you
- Information we collect about you
- Where we store data
- How we use your information
- Disclosure of your information
- Updating, correcting or deleting your personal data
- Control of your personal data
- Lawful Bases for Processing
- Data Security
- Cookies and other technologies
- Data Protection Officer contact details
1) INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will collect and process the users’ personal data in any of the situation below:
- when you create an account
- when you apply for membership
- when you subscribe to hear from us
- when you fill out a survey or send us a communication.
The data we collect are:
- Name, surname, email address, phone number, title, company address and type of business
2) WHERE WE STORE DATA
By submitting your personal data, you agree to the transfer, storing and processing of your data in our database.
3) HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information you provide for the following purposes:
- To present content in an effective manner on our website: EHA automatically receives and records certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, HeliOffshore cookie information, and the page you requested. HeliOffshore uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its server, analyse trends and administer the site. Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our site and its components. This data is only used in the aggregate. This type of collective data enables us to figure out how often visitors use parts of the site.
- To provide you with our latest news on our activities
- To provide you with the information that you request or which we feel may be of interest to you
- To promote our initiatives
- To provide you with the latest news from the sector
4) DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The European Helicopter Association (EHA) does not rent nor sell your personal information data to anyone.
We share your personal data only with our services providers for marketing purposes.
We may disclose personal data in the following circumstances: (i) if it is required by law enforcement or judicial authorities, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation; (ii) if we have a good faith belief that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process; (iii) to protect our rights, reputation, property or the safety of us or others; (iv) to defend or enforce our rights or your obligations; (v) if the disclosure is required by mandatory professional standards.
5) UPDATING, CORRECTING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Users can amend or delete their subscription at any time.
In case of cancellation, we will delete your information within 15 days of your notification. However, we may retain your personal data even after you have closed your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), comply with contractual obligations, meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our Terms of Service or Website Use Policy. We will retain de-personalized information after your subscription has been closed.
6) CONTROL OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You can ask us at any time for a copy of your personal data, by emailing us at email@example.com. If you have questions on this process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
7) LAWFUL BASES FOR PROCESSING
We will only collect and process personal data about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, e.g., to deliver the Services you have requested) and “legitimate interests.”
Legitimate interests will include the commercial interests (including but not limited to promotion and activities) of ourselves and authorised third parties and such data processing will include the transmission of such data to authorised third parties, who in turn will most likely process that data for the purposes of their own legitimate interests.
Where we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time and where we rely on legitimate interests, you have the right to object. If you have any questions about the lawful basis upon which we collect and use your personal data, please contact email@example.com.
8) DATA SECURITY
Access to your account in the restricted area on our website is available through a password and a unique username selected by you. This password is encrypted. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone and that you ensure you use a secure web browser. We cannot be responsible for any consequence that results from your own neglect to safeguard the secrecy of your password and username. If you share your computer with anyone, you should always log out of your account after you are finished in order to prevent access to your information from other users.
Please notify firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible if your username or password is compromised.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% safe. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal data, you acknowledge that: (a) there are safety and privacy limitations related to Internet which are beyond our control; (b) the safety, integrity and privacy of any users and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Website cannot be guaranteed and we shall have no liability to you or any third party for loss, misuse, disclosure or alteration of such information; and (c) such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the safeguard of your personal data may have been compromised, we will try to notify you. To this extent, you should have provided us with your email address and/or telephone number. If you prefer for us to use another method to notify you, please contact us at email@example.com.
9) COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We use Mailchimp as our marketing platform.
12) DATA PROTECTION OFFICER CONTACT DETAILS